i2-news - I2-NEWS: LIVE Netcasts from Internet2 Spring 2002 Member Meeting Plenary Sessions

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

I2-NEWS: LIVE Netcasts from Internet2 Spring 2002 Member Meeting Plenary Sessions

  • From: Greg Wood <>
  • To:
  • Subject: I2-NEWS: LIVE Netcasts from Internet2 Spring 2002 Member Meeting Plenary Sessions
  • Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 13:31:34 -0400

LIVE Netcasts from Internet2 Spring 2002 Member Meeting Plenary Sessions

Complete netcast agenda:
http://www.internet2.edu/activities/html/spring02-netcast.html

The following formats will be available: Real, IPTV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2,
MPEG-4, and Access Grid

TUESDAY, May 7th
Start Time 8:45am ET

+ Opening Plenary:
- Douglas Van Houweling, President and CEO, Internet2
- Peter Freeman, Foundation's Assistant Director, NCISE
- Panel: Optical Networking and Grids
o Charlie Catlett, Senior Fellow
Argonne National Labs
o Steve Corbato,Director of Backbone Network Infrastructure
Internet2
o Michael McRobbie, Vice President for Information Technology
Indiana University
o Harvey Newman, Professor of Physics
California Institute of Technology

WEDNESDAY May 8th ET
Start Time 8:45am

+ Closing Plenary - Network Security
- Howard Schmidt, Vice Chair, Critical Infrastructure Board
- Michael M. Roberts, Senior Advisor, Network Security, Internet2