i2-news - I2-NEWS: NASA/NREN Next Generation Internet Workshop 2000

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

I2-NEWS: NASA/NREN Next Generation Internet Workshop 2000

  • From: "Greg Wood" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: I2-NEWS: NASA/NREN Next Generation Internet Workshop 2000
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:07:32 -0400

NASA/NREN Next Generation Internet Workshop 2000
Gigabit Networking: The End-to-End View
August 14-16, 2000
http://www.nren.nasa.gov/workshop5.html

This year's NREN Workshop will be devoted to examining the true status and
realistic expectations for end-to-end gigabit-per-second (Gbps) networking:
connectivity, platforms, applications, measurement, and the integration
aspects (eg, middleware, tools, management) needed to make it all work
together end-to-end.

As in the past workshops hosted by NREN, participation in the workshop
divided among government and industry NGI technologists, university
researchers, agency NGI representatives, and policymakers and advisors
including
representatives of the President's Information Technology Advisory Committee
(PITAC).

Multicast/Webcast:

Portions of the workshop will be multicast live and also webcast using
RealMedia. To tune into the Internet multicasts,
look for the announcement in your session directory program ('sdr'). If the
announcement is not present there, it still may
be possible to receive the session by manually configuring the client
programs ('vic', and 'rat' or 'vat') with session addresses. The session
addresses, webcast details, and information on non-live access to the
seminar will be posted on:

http://www.nren.nasa.gov/gn-livevideo.html

During the seminar, any technical difficulties about the multicast canbe
addressed to: