i2-news - I2-NEWS: SURA Advanced Network Applications Workshop

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

I2-NEWS: SURA Advanced Network Applications Workshop

  • From: "Greg Wood" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: I2-NEWS: SURA Advanced Network Applications Workshop
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 10:34:40 -0400

To: SURA Members

From: Jill Gemmill, UAB

Re: September SURA Applications Workshop

Date: April 27, 1999

I would like to draw your attention to the Advanced Network Applications
Workshop to be held September 7-9, 1999 at the University of Alabama at
Birmingham.

The workshop will focus on four areas:

· Biotechnology, Biomedicine, and Telemedicine
· Data Mining, Informatics, and Digital Libraries
· Video Conferencing, the SURA ViDe Project, and Distance Education
Technologies
· Network Engineering Research

The keynote speaker(s) and emphasis of this workshop will be on the
biotechnology, biomedicine, telemedicine area. There will be demonstrations
of advanced network applications in each area, and also a showcase of
videoconferencing products.

A program committee is being organized; the program committee will
recommend/select the speakers and panelists for the breakout sessions. All
SURA institutions are invited to participate in the program committee-please
send nominations (self-nominations included) to either Sue Fratkin
()
or Jill Gemmill
().
Nominations should
include a brief statement of your interest areas. Nominations for the
program committee must be received by May 22, 1999.

***
This is the Internet2 Newswire with the latest news for and about the
Internet2 community.
> To subscribe, send "subscribe i2-news" in the body of email to

> To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe i2-news" in the body of email to

Searchable Web archives are at:
http://archives.internet2.edu/guest/archives/I2-NEWS/
For the latest information about Internet2, see:
http://www.internet2.edu

ListProc web interface at

http://mail.internet2.edu/

From LP-APPROVED-BY-MODERATOR