i2-news - Welcome to the Internet2 Newswire

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

Welcome to the Internet2 Newswire

  • From: "Greg Wood" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Welcome to the Internet2 Newswire
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 08:30:49 -0400

Welcome to the new Internet2 Newswire, a way to share news for and about the
Internet2 community. The Internet2 Newswire reaches nearly a thousand people
at Internet2 member organizations as well as thousands of people around the
world interested in advanced networking.

Typical postings to this list will include:

- Internet2-related developments at member organizations
- Event announcements related to Internet2
- Additions to the Internet2 community
- News from the world-at-large of interest to the Internet2 community

If you received this message directly, you are already subscribed to the
Internet2 Newswire and should begin to receive the latest Internet2 news
very soon.

Receiving the Internet2 Newswire is open to everyone, so feel free pass this
note along to anyone you think might be interested in the types of stories
posted. (If you've been forwarded this message, subscribing is as easy as
sending email to

with the word "subscribe i2-news" in
the body of the message.)

Posting to the Internet2 Newswire is open to anyone from an Internet2 member
organization. I encourage you to take advantage of this service not just to
get news, but also to let the Internet2 community and the world know what's
going on in your organization. (To ensure the list is interesting and
relevant, postings are moderated.)

Web-accessible public archives of the Internet2 Newswire are available at:
http://archives.internet2.edu/guest/main/

Finally, as a service for the Internet2 community, your input to the
Internet2 Newswire is very important. Please don't hesitate to send us
suggestions about the Internet2 Newswire, or any other ways we can better
promote communication within the Internet2 community.

Sincerely,
-Greg

Greg Wood
Director of Communications