gwe-users - welcome to the NET+ GWE communication list

Subject: list for communication and collaboration related to NET+ Google Workspace for Education

welcome to the NET+ GWE communication list

  • From: Dana Voss <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: welcome to the NET+ GWE communication list
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 15:40:21 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=X+63JyVRmsTgseqjwk/mwt0R7Wy/3MbFtvXOwGL0xio=; b=iyfVhk/e2ZfEfVpDP6VVGZ3o8WXpPPk1q7Ahd6upttkGfJgjO27qoOiedu2XtY9TM3Fcy2y1bh9KfZE2jFDUWyRFR52WSSvsZxnnNOMBTWm/OtSVyOxG9njKVWnPNDvoPcqW6CmuoAYu0aWj3C/S+YdS0SJ3w0l910+yyD7o7albx/W5INEqJ5GGqgEuCOyWOdQVd7/+BpnD405+g5HX9jmL9WtGrGX7FkROIwg/UWwwpSiQD3y3WRPr8WBv1Rw58rB0iJHENRL9v8MIpjWrtsEaG+ipbjEYUZaaj9cGf30zR5ZxpbL4E1zy0lWoHmxcRR133Zn9IW3AOx0fjOxusQ==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=URtl7XGPVfqf+56YA+J5BqB2DjOgYcIDATBuIbfDijrvzYxMUHluNrXBjz1LKcnc2PjvAZT/EXuq1szlmoyHUnapULV89wERTtTX9dj0ZUFXYucqTTZRX+tdmi//47e4P/bx9iEqtNdxP+dRQQmRgZ8PSekBrXIaiUxOdWc9/C2c+KBGbqGl5HTAqBdGkFiVzOrWupx/9inM9Ag6oS49DMk6w4pB/onGjCAZPChYM8d3dPgHAZc8zRAf9D9QpkHrsxnpoyBm0zi609gScIKkZ3JZzaG3uvH9VJZy+XIlWZ8ezyWBmiYa0Dy39MkhQUDbqOWq8KjB9n5ITScIAuIfkQ==
  • Suggested_attachment_session_id: bd4dd8db-833a-0c59-8488-842a19a10f74

Hello everyone,

We've created the sympa list using the lead contacts provided by the institutions who have subscribed to NET+ Google Workspace for Education. We currently have 74 institutions subscribing to the program and they are listed on the NET+ GWE webpage.

The purpose of this list is to enable communication related to Google Workspace for Education and the NET+ program. If you'd like to have others within your organization join the list, let me know. If you'd like to be unsubscribed, let me know as well.

There are a couple of events coming up that you may find of interest:
  1. Security Mythbusters: Overcoming Google Workspace Misconceptions for Higher Education Institutions on April 7, 1pm Eastern.  This is a traditional webinar style presentation. Googlers Leighton Spencer and Ken Matthews will be co-presenting with the Amplified IT team.  Registration page: https://events.amplifiedit.com/event/security-myth-busters-he/
  2. Roadmap presentation event for NET+ subscribers under NDA with Google. We are working with the Google team into ways to present Google's confidential roadmap to customers under NDA. Stay tuned for more information!
We have formed the NET+ Advisory Board for Google Workspace for Education, and its current areas of focus include:
  • storage management tools, ensure they meet the needs of the higher ed community
  • status on top 5 requests for storage tools from the community based on the results of the GWE storage tool survey held last year
  • status of parity of student vs. faculty licenses
  • alumni accounts expected costs and policies surrounding such accounts
  • pricing for bulk storage add-on
  • lack of service description for the "enhanced support" that comes with the GWE+ licensing
The members of the Advisory Board and more information about the NET+ GWE program in general is available on the program wiki page. Your feedback and questions are welcome!

Regards,
Dana

--

Dana C. Voss

Program Manager | Internet2 | 239-776-4802

  • welcome to the NET+ GWE communication list, Dana Voss, 03/23/2022