grouper-users - [grouper-users] grouper is not connecting with external ldap server

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] grouper is not connecting with external ldap server

  • From: Malathi Deenadayalan <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] grouper is not connecting with external ldap server
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 16:10:14 +0530

Hi Team

I have installed grouper 2.2.57 and then installed  openldap-dinkel-grouper and followed all the steps which was shown in youtube demo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2VN2VTJ6cE)
when I gave URL as localhost:389 in the configuration it  shows successfully connected.
But If I give the URL as  ldap:/mydomain:389

I am getting invalid config error.

I could ping 10.10.X.X ip inside the docker container, I can do ldapsearch in the server without any error

My query is that
1. Since  all grouper containers work on an ip  172.17.0.2/3/4, my ldap server ip is different ( it is  DMZ ip 10.10.X.X,) because of that am I not able to connect to the external ldap?

2. How can I connect my external LDAP server?

Please I kindly request you to give me suggestions.

Regards,
Malathi

  • [grouper-users] grouper is not connecting with external ldap server, Malathi Deenadayalan, 11/23/2021