grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Trying to configure Grouper's Quartz scheduler to use the local timezone

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Trying to configure Grouper's Quartz scheduler to use the local timezone

  • From: Michael Porter <>
  • To: "David A. Kovacic" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Trying to configure Grouper's Quartz scheduler to use the local timezone
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 18:32:52 -0400

I have:

        environment:
          - GROUPER_USE_SSL=true
          - "TZ=${TZ}"

in the environment section I pass to the service.

When doing a docker exec -it <container> bash

and then

[root@f3a4b78eab44 WEB-INF]# printenv TZ
America/New_York

Do you get the appropriate TZ value?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Porter

(302) 831-3747

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 4:11 PM David A. Kovacic <> wrote:
We are setting up Grouper and have been struggling to get cron to use other than UTC.  We have the local timezone properly configured so that the container is using local time, but can't find where to configure the Quartz Scheduler to use local time as well.

What are we missing?

--
David A. Kovacic
Sr. Technical Lead