grouper-users - [grouper-users] LDAP UnboundID bug? (hardcoded JNDI reference)

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] LDAP UnboundID bug? (hardcoded JNDI reference)

  • From: Baron Fujimoto <>
  • To: Grouper Users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] LDAP UnboundID bug? (hardcoded JNDI reference)
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 14:49:45 -1000

We were trying to use an UnboundID config to work around an F5/JDK/LDAP timeout bug, but we think we've encountered a bug in Grouper that prevents us from using this workaround.

When trying UnboundID, Grouper starts up with no issue, but later when LDAP is used it fails at this line (as determined by a consultants we're working with):

The source appears to be hard-coded as a JndiProviderConfig and isn't adaptable to UnboundID providers such as org.ldaptive.provider.unboundid.UnboundIDProvider. The consultants suggest that the Grouper devs would need to build in functionality to support both or drop JNDI support and switch these items to UnboundID.

--
Baron Fujimoto <> :: UH Information Technology Services
minutas cantorum, minutas balorum, minutas carboratum desendus pantorum