grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Grouper Rules and indirect membership

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Grouper Rules and indirect membership

  • From: Carl Waldbieser <>
  • To: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Grouper Rules and indirect membership
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 12:55:40 -0400

I think I answered my own question-- in this example, I noticed there is a "flattened" version of the RuleCheckType I was using:

That seems to work how I expected.

Thanks,
Carl Waldbieser
ITS
Lafayette College

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 10:31 AM Carl Waldbieser <> wrote:

I know you can have a rule like: "If a subject is added to group A, add that subject to group B.".  From the example I am using, this seems to work for direct adds to group A.  However, for *indirect* adds to group A, the subject is *not* added to group B.

So my questions are:

1) Is it possible to create a rule that detects if a subject is added directly or indirectly to a group?
2) Is there some wiki page that has the recipe for that?

Thanks,
Carl Waldbieser
ITS
Lafayette College