grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] PSPNG/messaging: cannot trigger a full sync of a single group when there is an underline character in the provisioner's name?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] PSPNG/messaging: cannot trigger a full sync of a single group when there is an underline character in the provisioner's name?

  • From: Dominique Petitpierre <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] PSPNG/messaging: cannot trigger a full sync of a single group when there is an underline character in the provisioner's name?
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 20:26:42 +0200

Hello,

I spoke too fast: the conclusion was wrong and the underline character does not cause the problem.

Trying with various other names including reverting to the original one (activedirectory_employee) I could not reproduce the problem.

Correlating the shell history and the loader logs I can still see that none of  such gsh script instances worked before yesterday's change except on September 17th. On that day it worked only once although other instances were run 18 times after.
All that was changed yesterday between the two trials was the name of the provisioner. But the problem was not in the name. I am at loss to explain what happened. May be there was a mistake in an instance of the script that left a trace in the database that prevented further invocations to work.

Apologies for the false lead.

Regards.

--
Mr Dominique Petitpierre, user=Dominique.Petitpierre domain=unige.ch
IT Division, University of Geneva, Switzerland