grouper-users - [grouper-users] Grouper Training Oct 13-16

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Grouper Training Oct 13-16

  • From: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper Training Oct 13-16
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 18:56:00 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=isc.upenn.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=isc.upenn.edu; dkim=pass header.d=isc.upenn.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=AdWQlGovNoaPnTBxgsncJ/tiPhdKuQATNd9FbPv4YnQ=; b=iJ54+D1t3uctVuvUAd0PJ3470nnmYiSdw2/+Jb9OlFMiJO2egIL38HoUWEAwvaKUy4ZbIRZzq7RLOYqkdeQSDj3R9jbZDeJb5vJGhCD1d8H1RehkkHSxAN7BZhReGe1/AAYzpjbAGxG0kufU4SNI2VEaozm67GblcXTte4bCtLbmxmu7NAwe27ODIoOtp5uOgsq1VJnipnEWzIWIJPo0eXAXcyTmfn/whxD8nlGyhKY+bXdjSy461Tau397qN/fL75z8XFYgtCNmrOLSd2Xz9r6ulhaGrcfr/DH6xl/D4dx4nlMKTRfH7BiUE1KRMChl4s0grV4jDpZSJdWpIrnbJQ==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=mBuHKY23AqWDRkJ0FoBmufRBrHJW8Gedv2brvAdXbEXhJ0z+9cdaG/LTDjmNu8V/sgqeDm9TPFNpLa2b5xh3SipQ3XzJ3SQZxWOqXw4UgjpWKP2mwB9YnVRSV9XEYRiy0ZlvNGluPSqhIeF3aHV3IubcrrlkKAyQsx3ySvjOWHw8yjoEvS7OxZz0sbH5meTBtFSN8bm+bQGtu4Q91+zT6u7D6++Yq/7kUWbwKmEBftlYbc8MisoDX0pBHr2HfL2oF6tKrutJiZpIYLfKGu5aGPIL3iyUFuODrDaO7RKfZl9WQ/9Uj4uNMJC4NlTNmtRvAbuX3C1/fNn8xsvJI5gJDA==

Grouper Training is right around the corner: Oct 13-16.  https://incommon.org/academy/grouper/

Due to Covid and the economy, we will likely not have a full class this fall, which is an opportunity for you since this will mean more individual attention and better training.

The training format is different this session based on past attendee feedback and our desire to keep improving the course.  Many modules are now in the Internet2 Learning Management System so they can be taken as training pre-work.  Advanced modules will have more time in the course for in-depth hands-on exercises.  If you have taken the course before and need more Grouper experience, you will not be disappointed if you re-take it.

This class is for institutions who are new to Grouper, but also for institutions who use Grouper and have employees who need to know how to better utilize Grouper features.  Frequently, technicians who do not understand or appreciate Grouper can be a roadblock to its adoption as technology choices are made for a service.  Help-desk workers who understand Grouper and demonstrate their skills to earn higher levels of access can add value by solving problems themselves and not opening increased tier tickets.  If you have colleagues or departments who could benefit from training, please encourage them to attend.

As always we have some flexibility to customize it based on attendee needs.  Let us know ASAP if you are attending and would like to suggest changes to the agenda.

I know institutions are tightening their belts and it's difficult to find training dollars, but if you can attend or send colleagues, we would appreciate it.

Thanks!

  • [grouper-users] Grouper Training Oct 13-16, Hyzer, Chris, 09/21/2020