Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
- From: "Black, Carey M." <>
- To: Grouper Users <>
- Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Grouper 2.5 on Openshift
- Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 14:30:26 +0000
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=osu.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=osu.edu; dkim=pass header.d=osu.edu; arc=none
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=4nVmGPx7N2ZX26KEXfvmqWFtNfP18Nkz6QGqz1z+IYM=; b=AjgwrWLODwOYGih4dG2gI/tDeMt5Tvx/kg4YDTq6731a6F9mnj0AZdIt3znuz+98YMMPaRYf1qcYnyEpUf2xIxyNJr0Ze6eSpFcCKxh1llF/Rtn1B5q0ieNrTu4blSFcBisGcykf3G/35wCjTbV1YS2xqHzzOH4+clunSk+UQmqhpcAJq/8G9tQUaYRF4jLN0mYzNmPn/8DGhbiebc3FNY0j6KC5K0Kvp0zgDTBvbdUAS6SFmjGHAzrVAIxg9bX8eeJM5ZfQ6TOPT7nfo6RRzKWO3Qitubquk2qrvJEkvilpDnDbCEI6OmIUmOh96Vkq0kYnL56E+bnDTFG63SueCA==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=jFDL2ub2/hmg65xy5Xdfua8RSL4AAAVXUuuv4uTqLa7+z16LMBf5cuu0Lj/udhYjgsOwlN1odKsgTfmnGcr2IHh1g/3AHHpTXd6RYydUgJ+ksjq7yQ4KNEIMcuAcnYXbNy1/bjcEFbF7dwgxU1WnaOa8iPauaNrrsvfZ7kHTyId5jiALyzSo/TI7CPDA4f+BCIkm6U8Txj5QXGCll20/+6WimH29u7PHqakxvGT15EcT3tY0TpL4KpLovvQxJsbY6ZaiabixTWXIzD0blj+gIVFdorPBaxRFUq+sJlnJNbehkdkeddYYKDFXNy1rHLxebKPctZ8fwA/kTcOH32yyGA==
Will run the tomee process as the only process in the container, not
supervisor. Note, this is advanced, and should be run as the tomcat user.
See this wiki
Try on a later image. I think v2.5.28+ will do what you want.
<> On Behalf Of Oliver Trieu
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2020 9:54 AM
Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper 2.5 on Openshift
We are currently running Grouper 2.4 on the Openshift Platform and we
gave the new 2.5 release a try.
The 2.5 Grouper released is aimed towards Docker and that is what
Openshift is using at its core.
Even with the provided instructions to run grouper as non-root will not
work in openshift
as the supervisord ist still assuming that it will be startet as
root-process and will then fail to drop these privileges.
My first try was to create my own docker file based on your file:
COPY $CONFIG_DIR/conf/ /opt/grouper/grouperWebapp/WEB-INF/classes/
COPY $CONFIG_DIR/tomcat/setenv.sh /opt/tomee/bin/
COPY ojdbc8.jar /opt/grouper/grouperWebapp/WEB-INF/lib/
COPY script.sh /opt
RUN cp /opt/grouper/grouperWebapp/WEB-INF/libUiAndDaemon/*
/opt/grouper/grouperWebapp/WEB-INF/lib/ && \
chgrp -R 0 /opt && \
chmod -R g=u /opt && \
chmod +x /opt/tomee/bin/setenv.sh && \
chmod +x /opt/script.sh
ENTRYPOINT [ "/opt/script.sh" ]
As you can see i am pretty much just copying my config files and
overwriting the original entrypoint since that will not work.
The key part here is using the USER directive to switch to another user
at the end of the Dockerfile so everything in the image will run under
If you are interrested in detail here is the documentation on creating
dockerfiles for openshift:
This will run in Openshift and start the processes without errors.
The daemon seems to be working normal ( i did not have time for many
tests so far) but the UI is not working.
The following Error is happening:
Sadly i have no idea how to remedy this problem.
So i created my own Dockerfile running the grouper-installer myself.
I pretty much copied your aproach where applicable and tried to mimic
your directory structure.
So after running the installer i copy my config files as before.
Not very surprisingly the result is also exactly the same.
The Daemon is starting without any problems.
The UI also up complaining about some TagLib loading problems (this also
happens with the original image):
ERROR OpenEJB.startup - Unable to load tag library tag class:
But any page-access will throw the NullPointerException mentioned above
in exactly the same way.
So my conclusion is that the current image could be used on Openshift in
its current form.
However the UI is currently now working.
Does anybody have a hint where the problem could be?
- [grouper-users] Grouper 2.5 on Openshift, Oliver Trieu, 05/29/2020
- RE: [grouper-users] Grouper 2.5 on Openshift, Black, Carey M., 05/29/2020
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.