grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Openshift Deployment

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Openshift Deployment

  • From: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
  • To: Darren Boss <>, Oliver Trieu <>
  • Cc: Scott Koranda <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Openshift Deployment
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 07:42:44 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=isc.upenn.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=isc.upenn.edu; dkim=pass header.d=isc.upenn.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=8ioS9HFLZoon0SpmxEQd02lWRSBIMEvXrWv7mz9oqAw=; b=XTHXhFZaSZb3b5Usd8iRZQI12/7ylvg7WbEbsoTII++JQVWVVtCc7KaGFpsOx+lJEniFJYytC4IhJrSnT7ersJZhpSg81CxJsuolmcy/CHrlHo/sBcM4X6b/vn/uBSCnyfByrgfNdmgvGm/9GJSTRx6ZLMN4sfHLiyeD6u/X2w3zoYn0Wa+XuBiN7T/Pupw3WcFFuHpkMnbsrpM03TVGOKeK/X6SMhcK5QlRuW1BeyVFZcqr2PsTPJOH+mnhUXQw9+vY9YbcvG4x3P5GQFXfJKkSYP9s1XBNemeYwK5rk2hzgmJzdlDNVgfk6ELKaph28MCbpVsnvOwQmS71l4JwaA==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=D100EoirF53gLOoxK2dSSeodN5W3M2fdXyQ94luOEmkZYGz569t/G4Mqq1ktOVj+aayE8HAMMeszIoWRYRVqgWyBbP68p5qsGiWN5b/he5PfnO3Ryuw9+hLKaYu0FSR40Mz1u28mpOEFP1QfTQgnVE6ihzkMi4Q0Nl16PRHG66dfCa9WUmB1mrBNtArsAIi81fYvmNzmSpRiWvvqhhSv8bl//tmsGiB93zB3bSkpHQkixWoX0/Zd7EVrjodAQYzWJTZj0GoKE8qQnOzNdWSfGa8AD2YExJemYZfiNW5e56Bg/VtQ8WXVA68vfhQnP7di2+lHD3S1JNFmPKZDhERgNw==

Ive got something working here and I can picture moving some options into the container.  Are you planning on running apache, shib, and tomee?  Will you have SSL in the container or outside?  Are you ok that the user running the processes in the container can read private keys (e.g. the tomee user could read shib and apache keys)?

https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+Container+v2.5+POC+running+as+non-root

Seems like we should pass in some ARGS to the container: uid/user/gid/group to run as, and if those are set, the grouper container would chown and allow apache to listen on 443.  Would that cover it?

Thanks

Chris