grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Any tips for k8s ingress configuration

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Any tips for k8s ingress configuration

  • From: Darren Boss <>
  • To: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
  • Cc: Christopher Bongaarts <>, Alex Poulos <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Any tips for k8s ingress configuration
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 21:04:12 -0400

For the LB proxy I'm using stream blocks, there are no sticky options for TCP/UDP based proxies. I've added the "hash $remote_addr;" option to the stream backend section so once I've started a session, I'm always going to the same node in the cluster and I've confirmed that my logging %h (remote hostname) and not %a (client ip) and making sure the ip wasn't changing. From there, the connection is handled by the nginx ingress where using a sticky cookie is an option but at this point in the connection, I don't think it really matters since there is only one grouper pod, I'm not running multiple replicas. I'll try sticky on the ingress and on the service as well just to make sure.

It seems like the proxy-body-size has improved things but perhaps it's just a placebo. After a while I did get the ajax error message and I searched the logs looking for error 413 Request Entity Too Large status but didn't see any.