grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Question about composite groups

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Question about composite groups

  • From: Alex Poulos <>
  • To: Prasad Karkhanis <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Question about composite groups
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 11:29:21 -0400

Greetings to Raleigh! I'm an NC State alum :-).

In the second case, if you create a typical include/exclude group setup, say,
groupA
groupA_include
groupA_exclude

Then you can add groups B, C and D to your groupA_exclude

For the first, I'm not aware of any way to get an intersection of three groups without intermediate groups, though more experienced Grouper admins might have some suggestions. It might also be possible to leverage the Rules API to add a person to group D, for instance, once they have been added to Groups A, B, and C.

My best,
Alex Poulos
IT-Engineer
University of Maryland, College Park