grouper-users - [grouper-users] Custom indexId?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Custom indexId?

  • From: Andre Daniels <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Custom indexId?
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2019 18:38:29 -0700

We want to import a bunch of posix groups into Grouper. Is there a way to create them with their current gid's? I saw a snippet of documentation that suggested this was possible but I do not see the indexId parameter in the Web Service documentation.

When creating groups, you can specify the id index (if the user is allowed to do so, and the index is not in use).

<wsGroup>
        <name>aStem:newGroup5</name>
        <idIndex>12345</idIndex>
      </wsGroup>

Has anyone done this already? Is there a better way to do this?

Andre

--
Andre Daniels
Sr. Developer/Security Analyst