grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] how to restart grouper without running the installer again?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] how to restart grouper without running the installer again?

  • From: Bill Thompson <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Grouper Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] how to restart grouper without running the installer again?
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 10:02:38 -0400

Adam,

If you are looking to easily spin up an environment with all the components so that you can evaluate and learn about Grouper, I'd recommend taking a look at the Grouper Training Environment.

Try this:
docker run -d -p 389:389 -p 8443:443 -p 3306:3306 \
  --name 101.1.1 tier/gte:101.1.1-201906
All of the GTE docker images you can run are here: https://hub.docker.com/r/tier/gte/tags
Account/passwords and other info about the GTE is here: https://github.internet2.edu/docker/grouper_training/tree/201906

I'd also recommend starting with the docker release packages instead of the Grouper installer.

Best,
Bill