grouper-users - [grouper-users] grouper types work

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] grouper types work

  • From: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
  • To: " Mailing List" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] grouper types work
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 18:02:15 +0000

Vivek has been working on Grouper types.

2.4.0 ui patch #24 has some fixes:

GRP-2120: unassigning types should be easier... maybe an X next to it?

https://todos.internet2.edu/browse/GRP-2120

GRP-2119: do not show all types on "view types" screen

https://todos.internet2.edu/browse/GRP-2119

In the near future, we will also have a way to automatically find folders to apply types:

https://todos.internet2.edu/browse/GRP-2128

Add tooltips where types are used so people know what they mean:

https://todos.internet2.edu/browse/GRP-2129

We would also like the type to show up in search results and other places.  Something like this below.  Note, the “type” would have a tooltip so people know what it means.  It was suggested to have a different icon, but we use fontawesome icons, and Im not sure we can create more, and I don’t see existing ones that fit the bill.  Plus groups could have more than one type.  Anyways, this could also show in the left menu too.  Thoughts?