grouper-users - [grouper-users] RuleApi.vetoMembershipIfNotInGroup only works with direct membership

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RuleApi.vetoMembershipIfNotInGroup only works with direct membership

  • From: "Crawford, Jeffrey" <>
  • To: Grouper Users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RuleApi.vetoMembershipIfNotInGroup only works with direct membership
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 15:40:56 +0000

Morning Grouper Team,

We’ve been working on applications with large number of groups, each of these groups however should have memberships based on eligibility. We’ve been playing with two concepts, vetoMembershipIfNotInGroup and groupIntersection. However the veto one seems to require the source group to only have direct memberships. This however defeats the purpose of using reference groups to inform the system of the eligible population. Oddly enough the groupIntersection seems to work but it relies on the changlog to trigger.

Is this expected behavior for veto?

Thanks

Jeffrey C.