grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] PSP_NG Full Sync config deactivation issue

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] PSP_NG Full Sync config deactivation issue

  • From: "Bee-Lindgren, Bert" <>
  • To: "Black, Carey M." <>
  • Cc: "Crawford, Jeffrey" <>, Grouper Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] PSP_NG Full Sync config deactivation issue
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 11:39:59 +0000

FWIW, I agree with the broader scope of the issue.

On Apr 17, 2019, at 7:10 AM, Black, Carey M. <> wrote:

Jeffrey,

I actually think this is a more general “Grouper project” scoped issue.

Exact same thing happens for Change Log Consumers (CLC’s).

REF: https://lists.internet2.edu/sympa/arc/grouper-users/2019-01/msg00056.html

I expect the general design currently is:

                “add all stuff from the config files”.

                And the project does not “disable stuff it did not find in the config files.

                                It does not even “warn” about stuff it did not find in the config files. Which might be a half way step to avoid removing/breaking things as a result of a single misconfigured file.

In short, the full life cycle for add/update/remove does not appear to be implemented. Resulting in a “hotel California” condition. (“You can check in any time you like. But you can never leave.“)

--

Carey Matthew