grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Advice on automating nested groups

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Advice on automating nested groups

  • From: "Gettes, Michael" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Advice on automating nested groups
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 13:25:52 +0000

I wish…

I have a need to query an OracleDB as subject source and the grouper DB (not OracleDB - currently, mySQL) and to query both of them in a single loader job.  I need to build groups based on info in Oracle and Grouper.  There are hints of this being possible:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1921865/how-to-connect-to-multiple-databases-in-hibernate

The structure I need to build has, as a component, rollups of our entire University Dept structure but it is a “security” structure which has “holes” in it so I info in the OracleDB provides instruction of how to put one group within another (it’s not based on naming).

Yes, I know I can copy data from Oracle over to the Grouper DB… and I may end up doing that… but, I was wondering if something similar to the above link is possible?  I am hoping to be able to write SQL queries and the right magic happens behind the scenes.

/mrg