grouper-users - [grouper-users] grouper reports

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] grouper reports

  • From: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
  • To: " Mailing List" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] grouper reports
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 17:26:02 +0000

Shilen has implemented getting ad-hoc reports on memberships with built in composites in a 2.4 patch.  E.g. who in this group is not an active employee

He is working on a similar thing for folders.  E.g. who in any group in this folder structure is not an employee

We would like to expand on this with Vivek working on more arbitrary reports that are cron-ed and stored and available for authorized users.  E.g. who of the arts and sciences fac/stu/staff are enrolled in mfa, who aren’t, what is their affiliation, title, email address, are they in duo push? are they required to enroll in mfa?   You can obviously use your institution’s reporting tool, but maybe having this in Grouper next to the data and in the UI and with group-based security it will add some value over external reporting.

That example report could be a weekly scheduled report that arts and sciences tech support staff could access via the Grouper UI.  They can optionally get an email notification about it.  They can see a certain number of past reports.

Here is the wiki for this.  We will start with CSV reports but we can expand to more formats/features in the future.

https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+reports

Please give me feedback or update the wiki with comments.

Thanks