grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Multiple assignments exist: error

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Multiple assignments exist: error

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Multiple assignments exist: error
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 15:08:05 -0800 (PST)

Answering my own issue..

Deleting the second attribute_assign_value and attribute_assign fixed the
problem.

Jim

Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 13:36:21
From: Jim Fox <>
To: "" <>

I'm getting the error "Multiple assignments exist: AttributeDefName[name=etc:legacy:attribute:legacyAttribute_security-code..." for one group.

This is on a getAttributeDelegate().retrieveAssignment(...) call.
( roughly )
> g = GroupFinder.findByName(root, "u:jvogt:test")
> sc = AttributeDefNameFinder.findByName("etc:legacy:attribute:legacyAttribute_security-code", true)
> stdname = AttributeDefNameFinder.findByName("etc:legacy:attribute:legacyGroupType_uwstd", true)
> d = g.getAttributeDelegate().retrieveAssignment(null, stdname, false, true)
then
> d.getAttributeDelegate().retrieveAssignment(null, sc, false, true)
gives the error.

Looking at another attribute I see that the owner_attribute_assign_id for this group is '550c4084ea6f450992fbc92759c74e18'

If I look in the database I see this (postgres)

# select * from grouper_attribute_assign where owner_attribute_assign_id='550c4084ea6f450992fbc92759c74e18';

I get back 4 rows (should be 3). The first 2 have identical attribute_def_name_id values, but distinct id values. That seems to be the problem. Each of the duplicates points (via the id) to distinct grouper_attribute_assign_value records, with the same value string, but creation times differing by about 20ms.

I don't know how I got these duplicates and I've never seen it before.

Can I just delete one of the duplicate grouper_attribute_assign records and its corresponding value record?

Thanks,
Jim