grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Grouper Loader - of another type

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Grouper Loader - of another type

  • From: Greg Haverkamp <>
  • To: "Gettes, Michael" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Grouper Loader - of another type
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 20:19:05 -0800

Got it.

Yes.  Shortly after I replied, it dawned on me that one would have to recreate all of the comparison and lookup logic that the loader already takes care of.  And while it looks like it _might_ be possible to wedge yourself into the middle of all of that, then you'd be coding to what I imagine are moderately "private" API's.

One way to do this would be to have the external program be callable via JDBC or LDAP.  To be honest, I don't know what the former would entail, because I've never written a server receiving JDBC calls.  I've written a number of LDAP proxies, and it wouldn't be too bad, and there are lots of options for LDAP server implementations, but the LDAP loader options seem a little more limited.  (Even OpenLDAP with its sock or shell backend  would give some options.)

But I do understand that if there's a way to make something like this generally available, that's probably better.

Greg