grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] pspng protocol

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] pspng protocol

  • From: "Bee-Lindgren, Bert" <>
  • To: Emilio Recio <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] pspng protocol
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 14:45:19 +0000

Emilio,

I'm responding to your old message if it is still helpful for you or for someone else...

PSPNG's ldap-connection behavior is managed by Ldaptive connection pooling, and the connection stay open to avoid connection-setup overhead when action is required. This does bring in lots of healthcheck queries that seem excessive, particularly when things are quiet. The number of these connections can be minimized with various ldaptive options.

I don't know why ldaptive is making bogus, basedn-less queries. I would presume that Error32 (no such object) is the appropriate response. If necessary, let's talk about a Jira that requests that PSPNG set up different health-check queries within the Ldaptive pool.

Sincerely,
  Bert Bee-Lindgren