grouper-users - [grouper-users] Re: Performance tuning guide?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Re: Performance tuning guide?

  • From: Richard Frovarp <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Re: Performance tuning guide?
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 22:58:27 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Possibly increasing max connections in MariaDB, but if it is going for 20k threads, that's a little crazy.

Yes, I'm doing a group list. It's the other setting that makes me think it is multiplying out:

# if should use threads in the loader for each group in a group of groups
loader.use.groupThreads=true

So since that is true, I think it is using the groupThreadPoolSize for each department for instance. Which even for departments, 90 departments * 20 groupThreadPoolSize equals 1,800 connections. I'm guessing that I'm going to bottleneck on something else even if I up MariaDB to 2k connections.