grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] RE: Grouper and Splunk

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] RE: Grouper and Splunk

  • From: Carl Waldbieser <>
  • To: "Carey M. Black" <>
  • Cc: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] RE: Grouper and Splunk
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 11:17:20 -0400 (EDT)
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Carey,

We are basically shipping our changelogger and provisioner logs to Splunk.
This includes the events that are sent/received/processed for each service.
Those logs are useful for alerting if a provisioner runs into trouble. We
have standard web logs, and grouper_error logs going in, but I don't find
those as useful for day-to-operations.

Thanks,
Carl Waldbieser
ITS Identity Management