Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
RE: [grouper-users] Planning to scale grouper to enterprise level. Could you please share the information
- From: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
- To: Siju Jacob <>, " Mailing List" <>
- Cc: Omer Almatary <>, Nazeer Syed <>, Cyril Phillips <>
- Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Planning to scale grouper to enterprise level. Could you please share the information
- Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 13:18:26 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) ;
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
Those numbers don’t really look right to me…
I would think you would have a lot more groups. Some groups would have a lot more members. I would think most apps would use SAML or LDAP instead of WS. I would think you wouldn’t have 500 concurrent UI users, that seems high.
Anyways, if you have that much usage, I would be most worried about the size of the database. I would have a load balancer for UI and WS and scale that as you need to. At Penn we have this configuration:
· Custom ldap provisioner
Authorizations are provisioned with
Note, our servers are shared with 20 java applications, Grouper UI, WS, and Daemon being three of those 20.
We are planning to scale Grouper to support the enterprise and the projected usage is approximately 500 concurrent UI users and 1500 applications making webservice calls to grouper. There will be approximately 2000 groups with 400 members in each group.
Does any of you have similar level of grouper usage. If yes could you please share with us the kind of infrastructure you have in place in terms of OS, memory, disk space etc..
We are using grouper 2.3.0. Running on tomcat 8 and JDK 7. Currently we have 2 Unix servers. At present our grouper usage is limited, with 20 concurrent grouper UI users and 10 applications making web service calls to grouper.
Any advice or guidance will be of great help and would be greatly appreciated..!
- [grouper-users] Planning to scale grouper to enterprise level. Could you please share the information, Siju Jacob, 09/07/2018
- RE: [grouper-users] Planning to scale grouper to enterprise level. Could you please share the information, Hyzer, Chris, 09/10/2018
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.