grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] web service user READ only, ALL groups

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] web service user READ only, ALL groups

  • From: "O'Dowd, Josh" <>
  • To: "Black, Carey M." <>, "Hyzer, Chris" <>
  • Cc: "" <>, "Robinson, Justin S" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] web service user READ only, ALL groups
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 13:47:25 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Carey,

Our UI and WS both run under a single tomcat instance. We authn using
Shibboleth SP/IdP for UI, and tomcat still authn WS requests so we do have
"WS system user" accounts in our tomcat-users.xml. So if I use Chris's
suggestion, I am really getting what you are suggesting, as well, simply by
placing the WS user(s) into the grouper that I want to give
wheel.readonly.use to, if I am understanding him correctly.

-Josh