grouper-users - Re: [Ext] [grouper-users] Grouper + JEXL + PSPNG + messaging

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [Ext] [grouper-users] Grouper + JEXL + PSPNG + messaging

  • From: Bryan Wooten <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Ext] [grouper-users] Grouper + JEXL + PSPNG + messaging
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 14:43:33 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Yes, this.

My co-worker and I spent the last 2 days testing (trial and error) JEXL.
He is a window / powershelgl guy and I am a recovering Java programmer.

We are dealing with a legacy ldap extension uuDept which is some weird $
delimited string like
orgid$friendlyname$location$someotherorgnumber$jobcode?$fte$sequence

I ended up writing some little java app using all the Java String methods
like indexOf, substring, etc. to test our Jexl.

We quickly learned that ${stuff} must not exclude the ${} in Jexl even
though somewhere in the wiki pages it states it is not required.

Compounded by the fact that Loader Run diagnostics throws and exception
for us. (Posted question earlier to list)

But on the good side, since returning from the Global Summit I have basis
/ ref / include / exclude groups working with loader jobs using SQL and
LDAP.

And we have pspng provisioning groups to our test AD

And yes, 3 Day weekend,

-Bryan

On 5/26/18, 7:43 AM,
"
on behalf of
Gettes, Michael"
<
on behalf of

>WARNING: Stop. Think. Read. This is an external email.
>
>Kind Groupers,
>
>I have several questions here. I would like to manipulate the variables
>available to PSPNG as it provisions to LDAP. Let¹s assume ${group.name}
>and ${ldapUser.getDn()} are what we want to transform.
>
>I will need to have a structure within grouper to move to the future but
>I will need to transform data to help migrate from the past way of doing
>things - so being able to transform data on the way out of grouper is
>needed via messaging and PSPNG.
>
>1 - I am not a ³java head² and it would appear there are a variety of
>JEXL interpreters. How do I invoke and test my JEXL expressions before
>trying them in a PSPNG configuration? I¹d like to make sure I am
>invoking and testing against exactly what Grouper is using for JEXL.
>
>2 - Can I change the values of the variables available in PSPNG? If so,
>then I would like to use groupSelectionExpression to manipulate the
>variables and have them used by the rest of the provisioner instance.
>Will modifying variables here impact any other provisioner? If not, then
>I assume I need to have JEXL to manipulate each use of a variable in each
>PSPNG provisioner instance.
>
>3 - Is it possible to perform this sort of variable manipulation to
>transform data in grouper messaging?
>
>4 - Any other advice I need to consider?
>
>I hope everyone has a truly awesome and peaceful Memorial Day weekend.
>Stay safe.
>
>/mrg

  • Re: [Ext] [grouper-users] Grouper + JEXL + PSPNG + messaging, Bryan Wooten, 05/26/2018