grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: PSPNG and tier packaging

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: PSPNG and tier packaging

  • From: "Black, Carey M." <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: "Gettes, Michael" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: PSPNG and tier packaging
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 13:36:26 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Authentication-results-original: spf=none (sender IP is ) ;
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Michael,

Just a guess based on: " By “killed” I mean the container generates an error
message indicating “killed” and the entire docker container process
disappears "

Maybe you are seeing a message like this? (not for mysqld, but for
some docker process? Or the process in the container?)
"kernel: Killed process 9163, UID 27, (mysqld)
total-vm:2457368kB, anon-rss:816780kB, file-rss:4kB"

It sounds like the OS is forcing the process( whole container?) down
due to memory constraints/other resources. ( REF: "OOM Killer" )
Can you get the full error message? ( If my guess is correct you can
find it in the OS that is hosting the container(s). )
/var/log/messages ???

# or go fishing...
grep oom /var/log/*
grep total_vm /var/log/*

My general guess is that you need to give the hosting OS more ram.
Given that PSPNG, Loader, UI, (WS?), DB are all sharing that same RAM
pool.... you might need to just not run some of that at the same time on your
laptop. :^/

I have found that my loader can eat 4G of RAM for "large group jobs" ( 100k+
). (I was actually seeing it die with "Heap size" errors until I expanded the
ram for the process.) However, it may also be true that the RAM growth is due
to not one job, but several "large" jobs running at the same time too.

HTH.

--
Carey Matthew

On Behalf Of Gettes, Michael