grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] migrating from jdbc1 subject source to jdbc2 subject source

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] migrating from jdbc1 subject source to jdbc2 subject source

  • From: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
  • To: "Gettes, Michael" <>
  • Cc: " Mailing List" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] migrating from jdbc1 subject source to jdbc2 subject source
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 13:45:40 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

> You specifically annotate next to “netId” with "blank for external users”.

I was thinking a subject attribute eppn (or subjectId in your case), would be or .

If you have internal apps that aren’t tied to other IdP’s, you could expose netId as “gettes” and there wouldn’t be external users there, but for subjects that are external, the netId attribute would be blank if they don’t have a florida netId.  Know what I mean?  Centrally its not an ideal pristine thing but for app developers it’s a welcome shortcut.  You can do this however you like if you disagree.

Does anyone use the JDBC1 subject adapter in a way that cant be converted like this?

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Migrating+from+the+Grouper+JDBC+subject+source+to+the+JDBC2+subject+source

We harmonized the two ldap subject adapters into one (years ago) so we might as well do the same for subject adapters.  Perhaps we could do that when we make the wizard for subject adapters.

Thanks

Chris