grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Add composite as member takes really long time - MariaDB

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Add composite as member takes really long time - MariaDB

  • From: Carl Waldbieser <>
  • To: Shilen Patel <>
  • Cc: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Add composite as member takes really long time - MariaDB
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2018 13:18:43 -0400 (EDT)
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Shilen,

I think I figured out what had happened.

It looks like I had a circular dependency in my groups:

* A = A_allow - A_deny
* A_allow = X + B
* B = B_include - B_exclude
* B_exclude = Y + A

This last line was actually a mistake. It should have been "B_exclude = Y".
The upshot was, when I added "B" to "A_allow", "B" was already in an unstable
state. I'm not sure how Grouper tried to resolve this, but I'm not surprised
that the operations seemed to take a long time.

Thanks,
Carl Waldbieser
ITS Identity Management
Lafayette College