grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Noob Question about VIEW permissions

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Noob Question about VIEW permissions

  • From: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
  • To: Rob Gorrell <>, Andrew Morgan <>
  • Cc: Jeffrey Williams <>, Grouper-Users <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Noob Question about VIEW permissions
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 18:26:32 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Yes correct.

A grouper sysadmin could construct the groups for someone else who doesn’t have READ on the underlying FERPA groups.  Otherwise users need READ or ADMIN on the member group.

If you can READ a group you can see whos in the group whether or not you can READ underlying member groups.

Thanks

Chris