grouper-users - [grouper-users] Optimized group provisionning in grouper database

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Optimized group provisionning in grouper database

  • From: Julien Gribonvald <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Optimized group provisionning in grouper database
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 19:06:55 +0100
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Hi,

I would like to know if there are somes optimized process to be able to manage groups and folders, permissions on theses groups and the membership provisionning from a batch ?

We just moved in production from grouper 1.6.3 to grouper 2.3.0 and I used for a long time the grouper api for this process, but with the version 2.3 when you have to manager around 40K groups by automatization it takes really too long time (the main time is lost on groups and folders creation with privilegies) ! Hopefully this kind of management (such number of groups to update) appear only few times during the year, but we would need something really more fast for such process.

I watched on other grouper tools, but all are using the same "slow" grouper-api methods for managing groups, after my problems is that i don't know how I can create groups and folders more directly into the grouper dabatase, so for me it's really dangerous to do that, or maybe ?

So I would like to know if there could be more optimization, like disabling ldap request on subject api (has we are provisionning ldap user's account at the same time), and other stuff that could permit to manage a such number of groups in few/some hours instead of several days ?

Thanks for your help.

--
Julien Gribonvald