grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] grouper api version 2.2.0. Is there a way to give a customized name to group while provisioning it in LDAP

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] grouper api version 2.2.0. Is there a way to give a customized name to group while provisioning it in LDAP

  • From: Jared Hoffman <>
  • To: Siju Jacob <>
  • Cc: "Hyzer, Chris" <>, " Mailing List" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] grouper api version 2.2.0. Is there a way to give a customized name to group while provisioning it in LDAP
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 11:55:50 -0500
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Siju,

We name our group the name we want it to be in active directory and use the folders as organizational tools, not as functional names. We also use globally unique group names in grouper so each group name must include the name of the app/service/etc.

For example, if we needed a group called ru-sharepoint-users, the supporting groups would be:

ru-sharepoint-users
ru-sharepoint-users_systemOfRecord
ru-sharepoint-users_includes
ru-sharepoint-users_excludes
ru-sharepoint-users_systemOfRecordAndIncludes

Then we don't publish any of the "_" groups to active directory.

Jared