Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
Re: [grouper-users] grouper api version 2.2.0. Is there a way to give a customized name to group while provisioning it in LDAP
- From: Jared Hoffman <>
- To: Siju Jacob <>
- Cc: "Hyzer, Chris" <>, " Mailing List" <>
- Subject: Re: [grouper-users] grouper api version 2.2.0. Is there a way to give a customized name to group while provisioning it in LDAP
- Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 11:55:50 -0500
We name our group the name we want it to be in active directory and use the folders as organizational tools, not as functional names. We also use globally unique group names in grouper so each group name must include the name of the app/service/etc.
I am Siju Jacob from Rutgers University IT Team. I am new to Grouper.
We are trying to provision a group from grouper active directory. Is there a way to give a customized name to group in active directory when we provision it there instead of same group name as in grouper.
For example we have Users group in grouper, while provisioning it to Active directory we want it to be named as ru-sharepoint-users
Please let me know if there anyway we could achieve this.
Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated..!
The latest UI patch (grouper_v2_3_0_ui_patch_37) that Vivek and I have been working on contains two enhancements:
1. Attribute name editor
GRP-1648: Move attribute def name create/view/edit Lite UI to New UI
display/Grouper/Grouper+ attribute+name+editor+in+new+ UI
2. Inherited privileges immediate assignment. If you assign inherited privileges in the Grouper UI it will immediate propagate to descendant objects. If this takes longer than 20 seconds it will continue processing in a thread and tell the user it is happening. If it takes less than 20 seconds the UI will let the user know it is done.
GRP-1651: inherited privileges should assign those privileges to subobjects
- [grouper-users] grouper api version 2.2.0. Is there a way to give a customized name to group while provisioning it in LDAP, Siju Jacob, 01/12/2018
- Re: [grouper-users] grouper api version 2.2.0. Is there a way to give a customized name to group while provisioning it in LDAP, Jared Hoffman, 01/16/2018
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.