grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] New UI problems with reverse proxy

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] New UI problems with reverse proxy

  • From: Darren Boss <>
  • To: "Hyzer, Chris" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] New UI problems with reverse proxy
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 14:26:11 +0000
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

This is our first deployment and we are also new to Kubernetes as well so there is only one nginx ingress controller and only one container running the ui at the current time. I know how to implement session affinity when we scale up but that's not the problem right now. I will admit that I may not be seeing all the logs as I am relying on the Unicon grouper Dockerfiles to build my images so it's easy to acess the logs that are being written to stdout. I've exec'd into the container once to take a look at other logs in case they were not being sent to stdout, coulnd't see any issues but I will double check that this is not the case.

I'll check on the X-Grouper-path as you suggested. Thanks for the quick response.

When I use port-forward, it's more like using an ssh tunnel and I'm bypassing the nginx proxy when I do that.

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 10:13 AM Hyzer, Chris <> wrote:

> Full disclousure, I'm running Grouper in containers under Kubernetes with an nginx ingress

> controller which is terminating TLS at the ingress. When I use "kubectl port-forward pod-name"

> and access the ui over localhost:8080 I have no issues in accessing the interface.

So you are saying it works when you are not load balancing?  But it doesn’t work with load balancing?  Is the load balancing sticky by cookie?  Does it work if it is load balancing with one node in the pool?

What the X-Grouper-path response http header coming back from the server?

Are you sure there are no errors in any of the logs?

Thanks

Chris