grouper-users - [grouper-users] grouper-loader fail safe / threshold for failed connections

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] grouper-loader fail safe / threshold for failed connections

  • From: Emilio Recio <>
  • To: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] grouper-loader fail safe / threshold for failed connections
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 11:19:43 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:Hs5v1BM3VVIHyhXSzgsl6mtUPXoX/o7sNwtQ0KIMzox0IvT+rarrMEGX3/hxlliBBdydsKMUzbKO+4nbGkU4qa6bt34DdJEeHzQksu4x2zIaPcieFEfgJ+TrZSFpVO5LVVti4m3peRMNQJW2aFLduGC94iAPERvjKwV1Ov71GonPhMiryuy+4ZPebgFLiTanfb9+MAi9oBnMuMURnYZsMLs6xAHTontPdeRWxGdoKkyWkh3h+Mq+/4Nt/jpJtf45+MFOTav1f6IjTbxFFzsmKHw65NfqtRbYUwSC4GYXX3gMnRpJBwjF6wz6Xov0vyDnuOdxxDWWMMvrRr0vRz+s87lkRwPpiCcfNj427mfXitBrjKlGpB6tvgFzz5LIbI2QMvd1Y6HTcs4ARWdZXshfSTFPAp+yYYUMAeUBPPpXoYbyqFYVsRuxHhOhCP/zxjJGhHL727Ax3eQ7EQHB2QwtB90AsHHVrNXxNacSVv2+wrXWwjrfbvNW3ir25Y/HfBAkoPGMWbNwcc3LxUczCQzKklSQqYv+MjOXyOsNvWab4PR6VeK0jG4nrRt9rSayyccxk4TEgJ8exFPc9Shh3Yo4Kt+1RFRmbdOrDJdcrT+WO5dsTs8/Q2xluz42xqAJtJO5ZiQG1ZsqywLFZ/CZfYWF7AjvWPuQLDtgmn5pZbOyiwy8/ES+0OHwS8q53EpQoidKkdTBsG0G2QbJ5cidUPR9+1+s2TaR2ADX7eFJOU81lbTeK5I83LI9lIAfsUbdES/4lkX5krWWdl4j+uiu8ejofKjppoKEO491jAHxLLgul9SiDek3MAUCRXWX9Oug2LH540H1XK9GguA2n6TaqJzaIN4Upq+9Aw9byIYj7BO/Ai+439QdnHkHKFNFeBWdg4jzJV7BPPH4DfCkjlSujjhryf7GMaP7ApXWKXjDlq3tcqhg5E5B0AYz18xQ54pICrEdJ/L+QkDxtMbfDh8kKwy73fznBMxg1oMFR22PGLSZPbjWsV+J/eIvP/KMaJEPtDb8Lfgl++DhjWU/mVADYamlw4EbZ26lEfR7cA2lZi/DmNAcCWoQ9jclQfbxwHiLUDpSYXn6e6Mn+nlvB5ihEJ/OXMWwm7Gbxw+6GIFbfGZLFgrKHHv1IdaqQfAJPQ+XI8tglXQ+WLOgTMd1+BSvsA79jYBqJevT0i8Vu5zuzsNy4avemQxkpm88NNiUz2zYFzI8pWgPXTJjmfkn+UE=
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

So we had a network outage, and the connection between grouper-loader
and our oracle database failed. This caused zero entries to be returned
when loader ran. When pspng provisioned out to our ldap, it undid the
attributes for the people we expected from the back end oracle database.

Is there a way I can tell grouper that if grouper-loader experiences a
*connection* problem with the back end database, do not do anything;
just exit with an appropriate rc? Is there a way I can kick off a script
before to check for connectivity that stops the loader process based on
its rc?

I've seen the threshold value, but don't know if it would make sense. We
expected only 40 peoples' data elements from the back end database. Say
I put the threshold to 40, then as far as I've seen in the docs,
reaching this just drops it into fullsynch mode. How does fullsynch mode
know to apply a failsafe? Is there a property for that?

E. Recio
The information contained in this transmission contains privileged and
confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

CAUTION: Intended recipients should NOT use email communication for emergent
or urgent health care matters.