grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: schedule group member's import weekly

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: schedule group member's import weekly

  • From: "Black, Carey M." <>
  • To: "Sawyer, Mona Zarei" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: schedule group member's import weekly
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 20:21:17 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Mona,

To my knowledge, the Loader only (currently) supports SQL or LDAP data
sources for the jobs. ( Supporting CSV seems possible too. But maybe not
necessary.)

It looks like you have a command line way to run a process to import the csv
file already. Could you just put that into a cron job on the host?
The users still need a way to update the csv file. ( Most Unix
installs support SCP with little to no configuration. You would need OS level
accounts/permissions, but those seem like a small maintenance/one time setup.

You might also opt to use the UI (or have the end users use the UI) to "bulk
add" the members that way too. ( Someone need to "upload the file somewhere
either way.)
"Add members" --> " import a list of members ." link to show the UI
to cut/paste the Username list into.
Options include a CSV file. :)
"
How to add members?
Search for members to add
Copy/paste a list of member IDs
Import a file
"
NOTE: there is a check box at the bottom that lets the import " Replace
existing members?" if that is desired. ( I think the process just adds by
default. This option removes all members then puts your list in to the
group.)

You might also opt to create a client program to read the csv and make web
services calls too.
A bit more work, but it could be handed off to the end user to use
whenever they update the csv. You avoid needing to run the import job
yourself, and empower them to make changes as needed, on their schedule.
Which is a lot like what they grouper client does. However, I am not
clear on how the grouper client authenticates to Grouper. ( That may or may
not be a concern for your use case.)

Hope some part of that helps.

--
Carey Matthew