grouper-users - [grouper-users] Web Services question

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Web Services question

  • From: "Black, Carey M." <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Web Services question
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 20:22:37 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

I am trying to figure out if I can "fine tune" the retunes from the Grouper
web services and I am not yet finding how to do what I want to do.
( I am guessing that some or all of this is already possible. And
that I am just not seeing how to do it. )
NOTE: My example below is an "XML format" but that is not a
requirement. Just a convenient way to communicate an example.

So let me try to express what I want to do.

Web service call to grouper to:
1) query grouper based on: the intersection of a specific subject and
groups that have a custom attribute with a specific value.
2) get a list of group attributes and/or group details that are
desired in the return.

I have found this and it works for the search by "a specific subject"
requirement:
.... /servicesRest/v2.3_000/subjects/

<WsRestGetGroupsRequest>
<subjectLookups>
<WsSubjectLookup>
<subjectIdentifier>0123456789</subjectIdentifier>
</WsSubjectLookup>
</subjectLookups>
<enabled>T</enabled>
<includeGroupDetail>F</includeGroupDetail>
<includeSubjectDetail>F</includeSubjectDetail>
</WsRestGetGroupsRequest>

However,
A) I cannot find a way to ask for an attribute to have a specific value on
the group(s) as well.
B) I cannot find a way to only get specific details about the groups back.
C) I would also like to limited/control the attributes that are returned
about the subject.
D) I would like to suppress the resultsMetaData block as well.
E) I would like to suppress the responseMetadata block as well.

Am I not seeing how to do these things, or are these features not available
at this time?

Thanks in advance.

Details for the "However"s:

A) I cannot find a way to ask for an attribute to have a specific value on
the group(s) as well.

I picture something like the following to be possible:
<findGroupsWithAttributeValue>
<attributeName>custom_attribute_on_group</attributeName>
<attributeValue>A_value_to_find</attributeValue>
</findGroupsWithAttributeValue>

B) I cannot find a way to only get specific details about the groups back.
I want to limit the message size return/complexity.

Currently all of these values are returned:
"
<WsGroup>
<extension>value</extension>
<typeOfGroup>group</typeOfGroup>
<displayExtension>value</displayExtension>
<displayName>value_looks_like_path</displayName>
<name> value_looks_like_path </name>
<uuid>a_uuid_value</uuid>
<idIndex>a_int_value</idIndex>
</WsGroup>
"

What I would like to be able to do is to supply a list of data elements that
I want back and only get those.
Example: add something to the WsRestGetGroupsRequest element like:

<getGroupAttrs>extension,uuid,custom_attribute_on_group</getGroupAttrs>

And have the return look like this for that call:
"
<WsGroup>
<extension>value</extension>
<uuid>a_uuid_value</uuid>
<custom_attribute_on_group>a_int_value</custom_attribute_on_group>
</WsGroup>
"

C) I would also like to limited/control the attributes that are returned
about the subject.
Currently all of these values are returned:
"
<wsSubject>
<identifierLookup>subbject_value</identifierLookup>
<resultCode>SUCCESS</resultCode>
<success>T</success>
<id>subject_id_value</id>
<name>subject_name_string</name>
<sourceId>source_ID</sourceId>
</wsSubject>
"

What I would like to be able to do is to supply a list of data elements that
I want back and only get those.
Example: add something to the WsRestGetGroupsRequest element like:
<getSubjectAttrs></getSubjectAttrs> <-- returns no data about the
subject
<getSubjectAttrs>id,name</getSubjectAttrs> <-- returns only id and
name

D) I would like to suppress the resultsMetaData block as well.
Maybe add a <includeMetaDetail> =[T,F] like the includeGroupDetail
flag?

E) I would like to suppress the responseMetadata block as well.
Maybe add a <responseMetadata> =[T,F] like the includeGroupDetail
flag?

--
Carey Matthew