grouper-users - [grouper-users] Custom Group Synchronization

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Custom Group Synchronization

  • From: Dennis Roberts <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Custom Group Synchronization
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 15:18:56 -0700
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:dUswzBYtCSbfP1A8K6ubrfL/LSx+4OfEezUN459isYplN5qZpsq8bnLW6fgltlLVR4KTs6sC0LWG9f24EUU7or+/81k6OKRWUBEEjchE1ycBO+WiTXPBEfjxciYhF95DXlI2t1uyMExSBdqsLwaK+i76vnYuHUDwLw1oPunvX5PJgt6s/+G055DJZQhU3nywba4hAg+xqFD9u88QgJAqEKE7xwHVuTMcd+lQw2JzDVmCgRvm/cr2+4RspXcD88k9/tJNBP2pN58zSqZVWWwr

I have a requirement to synchronize groups between Grouper and a data management system, iRODS, and I was researching ways to do that.

So far, the most promising option that I’ve found is the PSPNG provider described here. I had a few questions that I was hoping to answer before diving in too far, though.

My first question is the message broker. This post specifically mentions ActiveMQ, but we already have another AMQP broker, RabbitMQ, that I’d like to use in its place if possible. Is this a possibility. Also, the original post that I linked doesn’t mention any message queuing mechanism at all, and I was wondering the messaging service has been removed from the PSPNG implementation entirely.

My second question is about the Grouper Messaging System. This sounds like it has a lot of the features that were discussed for PSPNG (and it explicitly mentions RabbitMQ). So this might be a better option for this use case.

At any rate, if anyone has suggestions for which options to investigate further or information about any caveats that I should be aware of, I’d love to hear about them.

Thanks,
Dennis

  • [grouper-users] Custom Group Synchronization, Dennis Roberts, 06/30/2017