grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: General Grouper question SMTP related stuff

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: General Grouper question SMTP related stuff

  • From: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
  • To: "Black, Carey M." <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: General Grouper question SMTP related stuff
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 02:48:08 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

> 1) Is there a list of the emails that can be generated by the Grouper
> components?

Not that I know of

> What triggers each email?
> Who the email is sent to?
You can make a rule whose predicate will email someone
If you have attestations on for a group, it will email the admins or a list
Grouper report is sent to a known list of people
External invites are sent to email addresses specified by inviter

> How to modify the text? (localization for branding/signing)
> etc.. etc...

The UI has email templates in the text properties. Grouper API has it in
grouper.properties

> Basically I would like to know what should be expected after the SMTP
> server is
> configured in the UI/WS/(other components?)

Not much...

> 2) On a related note...
> I am still not seeing "email" values on subjects that are resolved by
> a GrouperJndiSourceAdapter.
> I did add these settings. (found kind of randomly in various
> WIKI/list archives) but still no love.
> "
> <init-param>
> <param-name>Email_AttributeType</param-name>
> <param-value>mail</param-value>
> </init-param>
> <init-param>
> <param-name>emailAttributeName</param-name>
> <param-value>mail</param-value>
> </init-param>
> <attribute>mail</attribute>
> "
>
> The subject API diagnostics page does show this:
>
> "
> Subject attribute 'mail' has 1 value:
> ''
> - with subject.getAttributeValue("mail")
> "

What does this print?

String emailAttributeName =
GrouperEmailUtils.emailAttributeNameForSource(subject.getSourceId());
if (StringUtils.isBlank(emailAttributeName)) {
System.out.println("Cant find email attribute name");
}
return System.out.println("Email address: " +
subject.getAttributeValue(emailAttributeName);

> So the SubjectAPI can retrieve the attribute but it is not "using it". ( Is
> this a
> bug or am I doing something wrong? Could it be an bug in the UI? )

First it needs to know which attribute is the email attribute

> Attached is screen capture of the header of my Subject being displayed in
> the UI.
>
> Thanks in advance.

On Behalf Of Black, Carey M.