grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Grouper WS ldap authentication

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Grouper WS ldap authentication

  • From: Stephen A Sazama <>
  • To: Nathan Baihly <>
  • Cc: "Hyzer, Chris" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Grouper WS ldap authentication
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 12:11:54 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:zsFDpxwUzEl3cG/XCy+O+j09IxM/srCxBDY+r6Qd2+gfIJqq85mqBkHD//Il1AaPBtSFra4awLuN+4nbGkU4qa6bt34DdJEeHzQksu4x2zIaPcieFEfgJ+TrZSFpVO5LVVti4m3peRMNQJW2aFLduGC94iAPERvjKwV1Ov71GonPhMiryuy+4ZPebgFJiTanbr5/LRq6oAHfu8ILnYZsN6E9xwfTrHBVYepW32RoJVySnxb4+Mi9+YNo/jpTtfw86cNOSL32cKskQ7NWCjQmKH0169bwtRbfVwuP52ATXXsQnxFVHgXK9hD6XpP2sivnqupw3TSRMMPqQbwoXzmp8rxmQwH0higZKzE58XnXis1ug6JdvBKhvAF0z4rNbI2IKPZyYqbRcNUHTmRDQ8lRTTRMDYGyb4UPAeQPPvtWoZfhqFYVtxSyGROhCfnzxjNUhHL727Ax3eQ7EQHB2QwtB88AsGjKo9XtNKcdT+a1x7TUwD7ecv1Zwzb855LNch87vPqBWqlwcdHLxkguDQzFi0+fpJf4PzOQy+sBqXaU4Pd9Ve+2jWMstg9/oj+qxsg2i4nJgJoYylHC9SVl3ok1P9u4R1BnYdK6CpdfqTyVN5ZwT8g/QG9ooD43x7wFtJKhYiQHxoorywTCZ/GIfYWE+BHuWemJLTtmmH5ofKizihWy/ES61OHwS8a53ExIoyZblNTHq2oD2AbJ6sedT/tw5keh1iiL1wDU8uxLP1s0mrDFJ5I7374wk4ccvV7CHi/umEX2iaCXel849eiv7uTrerTmppmCOI9okgzzM6cjltahDek2LAQCRXWX9Ouy2bH5/kD0T61GjvgsnanYtJDaK94bpqm8AwJNyYYj8AywDja839Qdh3YKN09FeBeagITzJV7BPe34Ae+lg1uwiDdr2+zGPrr5D5XCNHjDl6rhfa5j5E5G0QYz0Mtf6IxOCrEaO//zXk7xtMfEDh8iLQC42efnCNNh1owAQ2KPBLGWML/MvVOS+O0gPvSMN8cpv2PbIuQl7vimp3Y4mVsMNf2v1pEeaXC8D9xpJkyYZTznhdJXQkkQuQ9rd/DnkF2PV3Z6L027Tas573lvE5mvH47GT6iwhbDH0SumSM4FLltaA0yBRC+7P76PXO0BPWfLepds

Hi Chris,

We do have basic auth working in our deployed grouper environments (the local issue might be something with the Maven tomcat plugin). We mainly thought it was strange that the grouper-ws LDAP authn documentation suggested editing grouper-loader.properties since grouper-ws isn't interacting with the loader in any way. Does grouper-ws read loader.properties to get the LDAP host url?

When we tried making the change to LDAP with our basic HTTP authn in our development environment, it just said invalid login and didn't give any of the expected debug log messages. We may need to tweak our log4j setup some more to pick it up.

Thanks,
Stephen