grouper-users - [grouper-users] Re: Hierarchical Loader Bug

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Re: Hierarchical Loader Bug

  • From: Akki Kumar <>
  • To: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Re: Hierarchical Loader Bug
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 10:53:24 -0500
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Hi Chris,

I have attached below screenshots (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwgGnZC7vA-6eFVUMThjUzNWc0k):

  • Departmental Loader - Configuration
  • Rollup Loader - Configuration
  • Departmental.jpg – Showing folders and group’s structure.
  • Hierarchy 1.jpg – Showing Networking Apps group with one member added to it.
  • Hierarchy 2.jpg – Showing Networking Research group with one member added to it.
  • Hierarchy 3.jpg – Showing Networking Dept - All group is linked directly to the subgroups (Networking Apps & Networking Research) and members are added indirectly to it.
  • Hierarchy 4.jpg – Showing Information Tech - All group is linked directly to the subgroups (Networking Dept - All) and members are not added to the group (BUG).

Issue: As shown in the Hierarchy 4.jpg screenshot, in the top level group (Information Tech – All), the subgroups are linked, but the members from the subgroups are not shown (after loader run). However, after manually deleting the Networking Dept – All group from the top level group, and re-running the loader, the members are shown in the top level group (Refer to screenshot Manually Delete.jpg). Not sure why grouper loader only links all members after manually deleting the group from the top level. Any guidance is truly appreciated.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thank you,

Akki