grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] question patching pspng

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] question patching pspng

  • From: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
  • To: Michael R Gettes <>, "Peter St. Onge" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] question patching pspng
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 22:04:36 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

I created this jira:

Im not exactly sure how it would work though. The patch levels are stored in
the application. The installer could install a few envs and it doesn’t
really know which one you want. Though I guess it could remember and give
you options. Also that prompt could probably find the API from the PSP dir
by traversing back and forward, but still it doesn’t know where you are
running it from.

I suggest you have a dir and script for an env that automatically does
patching.

I made this wiki to explain how we do this in one command without having to
remember anything

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+patching+autorun

Is something like that sufficient or do we need more smarts in the installer?

Thanks