Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
Re: [grouper-users] Multiple searchSubjects in sources.xml
- From: Julio Polo <>
- To: Philip Harle <>
- Cc: "" <>
- Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Multiple searchSubjects in sources.xml
- Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 08:39:08 -1000
- Ironport-phdr: 9a23:g191vBebHkS4XDcd+uOcLqJclGMj4u6mDksu8pMizoh2WeGdxc69YB7h7PlgxGXEQZ/co6odzbGH6eawCCdZuMjJmUtBWaQEbwUCh8QSkl5oK+++Imq/EsTXaTcnFt9JTl5v8iLzG0FUHMHjew+a+SXqvnYsExnyfTB4Ov7yUtaLyZ/mjabiqtaKOlsArQH+SIs6FA+xowTVu5teqqpZAYF19CH0pGBVcf9d32JiKAHbtR/94sCt4MwrqHwI6LoJvvRNWqTifqk+UacQTHF/azh0t4XXskz7TQqL52NUcmwMlhcAVxDF7RX7RtHxuzH+u8J71TaRNNbqSb1yUD/k8qQ9GzHyjyJSFSM98Wafsst0i+oPog+lphtXw4fLaYCUcvdyY/WOLpshWWNdU5MJBGR6CYSmYt5KVrJZMA==
If AD behaves like other LDAP servers, you could specify the base as 'DC=campus,DC=ncl,DC=ac,DC=uk' and change the ACI for the LDAP/AD account you configured Grouper with so that it only has access to the two branches you want (OU=Campus Users and OU=Other Users)Julio Polo
Enterprise Middleware, Identity and Access Management
Information Technology Services
University of Hawaii
On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 1:33 AM, Philip Harle <> wrote:
Inside of sources.xml we specify the path to the base OU in Active Directory containing the majority of our user accounts. However, we have a scenario where our subject user accounts exist across two separate locations in AD.
We currently use the following:
Is it possible to specify a secondary location, for example 'OU=Other Users,DC=campus,DC=ncl,DC=ac,
DC=uk' in addition to the one specified above?
I've attempted to construct a search block in sources.xml using numParameters to allow us to query a second location if the subject is not found in the first, but I've not had much success.
I realise this could be achieved by specifying the base as 'DC=campus,DC=ncl,DC=ac,DC=uk'
, however our domain contains a number of other root OU's that we'd rather not have Grouper search through in order to maintain performance of the service.
- [grouper-users] Multiple searchSubjects in sources.xml, Philip Harle, 11/04/2016
- [grouper-users] RE: Multiple searchSubjects in sources.xml, Hyzer, Chris, 11/04/2016
- Re: [grouper-users] Multiple searchSubjects in sources.xml, Julio Polo, 11/04/2016
- RE: [grouper-users] Multiple searchSubjects in sources.xml, Philip Harle, 11/07/2016
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.