grouper-users - [grouper-users] web services, updating new attributes

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] web services, updating new attributes

  • From: Steven Carmody <>
  • To: Grouper-Users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] web services, updating new attributes
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 12:46:55 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:SPd7xxDTk15rOAxp4l3+UyQJP3N1i/DPJgcQr6AfoPdwSP77o8bcNUDSrc9gkEXOFd2Crakb26yL6Ou5BCQp2tWojjMrSNR0TRgLiMEbzUQLIfWuLgnFFsPsdDEwB89YVVVorDmROElRH9viNRWJ+iXhpQg8FRnHEi89ZrmsW92as8Pi+Pq15oXeeUB1nzenevsmIw+xsB3crIwLmoZ4MY4wzAfEuH1FZ74QyG91cwG9hRH5s/ys8YBu9Wx7sugk8MJRGfHhY6kmQLpvBz08Nmc59eXhrx7cS02C6mZKATZeqQZBHwWQtEKyZZz2qCav67Nw

Hi,

we have some PHP code that is attempting to update some "new" attributes on a group object. The php/soap invocation code is at the bottom of this note.

I believe the attributes are all defined in the same way. All have previously assigned values. However, I'm getting failures on some of them:

[etc:brown:attribute:allTargetsGroupName] => SUCCESS
[etc:brown:attribute:sympaListName] => INVALID_QUERY
[etc:brown:attribute:sympaListSenderGroup] => INVALID_QUERY

I suspect that the one that succeeds isn't actually changing the value; the other two calls are changing the value.

Should I be using different operation values to accomplish this update ?

Also -- is there a web services function to remove an existing new attribute from a group object ?

thanks very much !

try {
$params = array(
'clientVersion' => Kohana::$config->load('grouper.GROUPER_WS_VERSION'),
'attributeAssignType' => 'group',
'wsOwnerGroupName' => $id,
'wsAttributeDefNameName' => $k,
'valueSystem' => $v,
'attributeAssignOperation' => 'assign_attr',
'attributeAssignValueOperation' => 'replace_values',
);