grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] loading nested groups from an LDAP source

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] loading nested groups from an LDAP source

  • From: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
  • To: Rob Gorrell <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] loading nested groups from an LDAP source
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 00:14:51 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

An example is done:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+-+Loader+LDAP#Grouper-LoaderLDAP-ExampleofconvertingDNtosubjectIdorGroupname(institutionspecific)

There is a jar attached inside the zip in this email

Add the ldapGroupUserConverter.jar to the classpath (e.g. to lib/custom)

In the grouper-loader.properties, add the class

loader.ldap.el.classes = ldapGroupUserConverter.LdapGroupUserConverter

Set the Grouper loader LDAP subject _expression_ attribute to     ${ldapGroupUserConverter.convertDntoSubjectIdOrIdentifier(subjectId)}

Unset the subject source id

If the subjectId is a subjectId, then make sure Grouper loader LDAP subject ID type is "subjectIdOrIdentifier".  If it is a subjectIdentifier (more common), then you can set it as subjectIdentifier.

Log the conversions with this in log4j.properties

log4j.logger.ldapGroupUserConverter.LdapGroupUserConverter = DEBUG

Let me know how it goes!  J

Thanks

Chris