grouper-users - [grouper-users] Grouper Atlassian Connector

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Grouper Atlassian Connector

  • From: Neha Deshpande <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper Atlassian Connector
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 16:55:51 -0400

Hello,

I am trying to use grouper for group management for our Atlassian tools and have been unsuccessful so far. I was able to follow steps as listed in https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+Atlassian+connector .

 copy jars to JIRA and make updates to the osuser.xml file and migrate the JIRA groups and users to grouper. (I skipped the step where it sets privileges because I was not sure what it did)

The group and membership information was not stored in groupbase and membershipbase tables as mentioned in the documentation so I did not need to truncate them. We are using JIRA version 5.9.5 maybe they changed that?
Any changes I make to JIRA groups in grouper are not reflected in JIRA.

This is what my grouper.client.properties looks like:

################################
## Atlassian connector settings
################################

# put a folder name that is the root for atlassian groups
atlassian.root = Atlassian

# atlassian source to use (leave blank for all sources)
atlassian.subject.search.sourceId =

# atlassian search by id, identifier, or idOrIdentifer (idOrIdentifier is Grouper 2.0+)
atlassian.subject.search.subjectId = identifier

# number of minutes to cache reads
# defaults to 10.  Note, crank this up  to 25 hours if you are doing XMPP notifications
atlassian.cache.minutes = 10

# number of minutes to cache profile reads
# defaults to 10
atlassian.cache.profile.minutes = 20

# each cache has a failsafe cache, so that if grouper is down, and the data has been loaded,
# since atlassian has been started, the stale verison of the data can be retrieved
atlassian.cache.failsafe.hours = 48

# list all sources here, and how to get the atlassian id
atlassian.source.jdbc.sourceId = jdbc
# should be "id" or an attribute name to get the identifier for atlassian
atlassian.source.jdbc.idOrAttribute = ID
# email attribute for this source (needed if using the ProfileProvider)
atlassian.source.jdbc.emailAttribute = EMAIL
# should be "name" or "description" or an attribute name to get the name for atlassian (needed if using the ProfileProvider)
atlassian.source.jdbc.nameAttribute = name

#atlassian name of group which has all users in it, e.g. jira-users
atlassian.usersGroup = jira-users

# grouper group name of all users that have ever been in atlassian (profile service has access to these).  Leave blank to
# just use the users group
atlassian.grouperAllUsersGroup =

# if you are doing XMPP for cache clearing, set to true, and set the XMPP sections of this config
atlassian.registerXmppListeners = false

# if incremental changes come through, then dont clear now, clear sometime in the future so that multiple changes
# cause fewer cache refreshes.  Note that changes come through the change log so that they are already buffered a little bit
# this should probably at least be 15 seconds...
atlassian.xmppIncrementalClearCacheSecondsInFuture = 75

# if all users must be in atlassian.grouperAllUsersGroup,
# or if lookups of old users can be done without having to be in this group
atlassian.requireGrouperAllUsersGroupForLookups = false

# groups which should be assigned to various privileges for new groups created in confluence
atlassian.updaters =
atlassian.admins =
atlassian.readers =

# pretend these memberships exist (e.g. to bootstrap or for users not in grouper)
atlassian.autoadd.administrators.groupname = jira-administrators
atlassian.autoadd.administrators.usernames = admin

atlassian.autoadd.users.groupname = jira-users
atlassian.autoadd.users.usernames = admin

# users not in idm, this is needed if using the profile provider
atlassian.autoadd.admin.user.email =

#ignore calls on this user to the web service
atlassian.ws.users.to.ignore = admin

#put a valid subject id or identifier here for testing, and that user's email and name
atlassian.test.subjectIdOrIdentifier =
atlassian.test.email =

# if you are using the edu.internet2.middleware.grouperAtlassianConnector.GrouperLoggingAccessProviderWrapper
# to log an access provider, set the underlying class here
atlassian.logging.accessProvider.class = com.atlassian.jira.user.osuser.JiraOFBizAccessProvider

# if you are using the edu.internet2.middleware.grouperAtlassianConnector.GrouperLoggingAccessProviderWrapper
# to log an access provider, set the underlying class here
atlassian.logging.profileProvider.class = com.atlassian.jira.user.osuser.JiraOFBizProfileProvider

# if using the external authenticator, then this says if we should store the user token in session
# as opposed to getting it from the external authentication each time
atlassian.authentication.cacheUserToken = false

# if using the external authenticator, then this is the request attribute where the principal name is
# note, if it is REMOTE_USER, that will already be checked
atlassian.authentication.requestPrincipalAttributeName =

# if you are not in prod, and you want to backdoor as someone else, put a parameter name here (e.g. gibberish alphanumeric, or backdoorNetid)
# and if that param is in the URL or posted to the application, it will be used.  Note, if you use this then cacheUserToken will be true
# since this will not be in the URL for every request
atlassian.authentication.backdoorRequestParameterName =

# if you are not in prod, and you want to backdoor as someone else, put comma separated usernames here who
# are allowed to backdoor as someone else
atlassian.authentication.backdoorAllowedUsers =

Neha Deshpande
IT Engineer
DIT - Enterprise Engineering
University of Maryland