grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Person and Account Subjects

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Person and Account Subjects

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Person and Account Subjects
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 08:55:52 -0500

Hi Bert,

I assume you've got a "PersonID", the fundamental identifier for People, and that you are able to realize mappings from PersonID to AccountID and from PersonID to CardID. These may be multivalued, or null valued for some values of PersonID. And that all of these are uniquely identifying, ie, a given non-null value of AccountID is associated with at most one PersonID and similar for CardID. If all that's the case, you can present your Grouper instance with a representation of your registry as one that contains People with associated identifying Accounts and Cards, as attributes of the People. All group memberships would be in terms of PersonID, but members can be picked using that or AccountID or CardID, and memberships can be provisioned into downstream systems using any of those identifiers.

Does that help?

Tom